Top 10 highest paying jobs in technology in 2021
Before making your decision, please read the list below to see which interests you the most, please! After that, you can easily figure out how to train and practice yourself and which certification you need to start your dream in the career.
10. Product Manager
Among the list of the highest paying jobs, you would have definitely heard about this already. As a Product Manager (PM), you are responsible to determine parameters around the product, build team and lead the development of the product from conception to launching time.
Some skills required for the position are:
- Strongly understand about the concept of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Get knowledge of Product Management tools: Pivotal Tracker, JIRA & Asana
- Be strong at analytical skills
- Be exceptional at time management skill
At present, in a role of a PM, you can get paid over $100,000.
9. Dev-Ops Engineer
Next in the list of highest paying jobs is a Dev Ops engineer. The responsibilities of a DevOps might be normally based on requirement of a company/organization. Also, you may be responsible for designing and maintaining a deployment infrastructure, integrating cloud services so that processes can be automated, or shell scripting in PHP/Python and Ruby as a DevOps engineer.
Some of the skills required of a Dev Ops engineer:
- Get knowledge of coding and writing scripts as well as programming languages
- Understand deployment and network operations
- Be strong at problem-solving skills
- Understand & be able to use Dev Ops tools like Git and Jenkins
- Get knowledge of Linux or Unix system administration
The average range that a DevOps engineer can get annually is $110,000.
8. Full-Stack Developer
There are over 23 million developers globally now. By 2023 the number might reach 27.7 million. This will definitely make Full-Stack Developer become one of the highest paying tech jobs in the industry. It is not easy to pin down a definition for a full stack developer. In simple words, a Full-Stack Developer is necessarily good at front-end and back-end development with a range of skills in every stage of development from concept to end product.
To become a Full-stack developer, you need:
- To understand technologies such as MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS, and Node.js
- To know how to design and develop an API
- To code & write script
- To understand fundamentals of web development.
- To understand about database technologies
A Full-Stack Developer might be responsible for designing and building APIs as well as using MEAN Stack technologies. As a Full-Stack Developer, you have to ensure the applications created are responsive, your code has integrity intact and implements data security management system.
The annual salary of a full stack developer is $116,000.
7. Cloud Architect
A cloud architect is responsible to deploy and oversee an organization’s cloud computing strategy. A person who is in charge of this position will need some requirements as below:
- Be excellent technical abilities
- Get knowledge of cloud platforms
- Be good at communication & project management skills
- Be strong at analytics abilities
A Cloud Architect’s annual salary by 2020 is nearly $120,000. However, the paying will also depend on organization’s rank and position’s requirement.
6. AI Engineer
An Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer plays a seemly role with a Dev-Ops Engineer, however, he or she must have deep knowledge in mathematics and statistics and will work with many traditional machine learning techniques. Hence, it is necessary for an AI Engineer to have skills as below:
- CS & programming in various languages
- Data Science & Statistics
- Get CI/CD & SDLC knowledge
- Deep understand about mathematics
An AI architect earns annually over $110,000 – $130,000. However, the rank is optional and depends on performances of both employees and organizations.
5. Blockchain Engineer
A Blockchain Engineer will implement and create digital blockchain for enterprise solutions. In the position of a blockchain engineer, you not only build the solutions but also analyze the company’s needs as well.
One of the must-have requirement of a Blockchain Engineer is excellence in technical abilities. Besides, you also have to get effective analytical skills as well as strong attention to detail.
The average annual salary of a Blockchain Engineer is around $120,000
4. Software Architect
A Software Architect will create a provision plan for different business and optimize development process. In this position, you are responsible for identifying a customer’s requirements, performing hands-on work to develop prototypes.
Hence, some of the skills required of include:
- Master in Computer Science
- Extensive experience in software development
- Deep Understanding of software architecture
- Good programming skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Time & Project management.
A Software Architect is paid annually in the rank from $114,000 to $ 120,000
3. Big Data Engineer
Each day, online users generate about 2.5 quintillion bytes of data. To harness and gain insights from such a huge amount of data, over 97% organizations have intention to invest in Big Data and AI. And, it’s easy to understand why Big Data Engineer is one of the must-have position in this list.
To become a Big Data Engineer, you need some basic requirements:
- Understanding Bid Data tools, as well as data warehousing technologies
- Master in Programming skills
- Data visualization skills
- Excellent communication skills
In a wonderful work-space, a qualified Big Data Engineer can get the annual paying from $120,000 to $130,000.
2. Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Architect
IoT Solutions Architect is one of the leadership roles of overseeing the strategy behind the development and deployment of IoT solutions. In addition to understanding IoT solutions, this position need also have strong programming skills, a deep understanding of Machine Learning, getting knowledge of hardware design and architecture.
An IoT solutions architect is responsible for leading as well as participating in the activities around IoT solutions architecture and design, to help develop an overall IoT ecosystem engagement based on the IoT Solution Framework. As an IoT Solutions Architect, you also translate business needs into solution architecture requirements and present it to stakeholders.
Among the list, this position can give you an annual salary up to $140.000
1. Data Scientist
On Top of the list must be Data Scientist, which is the highest paying job in the industry. To the end of 2019, Demand for this position increase nearly 30% and seems to be non-stop.
To become one of the hottest guys in this industry, you have to be master in:
- Machine Learning algorithms
- Data models
- Coding in various programming language & other analytical tools
- Identifying business issues and appropriate resolving
It is said that by 2021, the annual salary of a data scientist can be over $150,000, making it the highest paying job role. However, data science as a field itself, offers various opportunities and salary potential. For instance, data analysts and data architects too are some of the most in demand job roles that are the highest paid jobs within the data domain.