Job overview and Responsibility:
Ruby on Rails Developer will be part of a fast growing team of developers to support a range of front end and back end projects for a large Australian client. You will be working with a small team of senior developers and QA initially to build velocity and support as a foundation team developing the front end to support a range of products for the Australian Utility Industry. We work within an Agile SCRUM methodology.
Why candidate should apply for this position:
Based in Melbourne, Seattle and Saigon, Spiderbox Design is a fast growing, small software firm that develops for clients as an agency as well as internal self owned/funded software.
We value and understand the importance of our team and their happiness and career ambitions. It is important to Spiderbox that our staff are not only happy but are provided the opportunity to continue to grow, learn and improve their expertise and skills.
With a nothing is impossible attitude, Spiderbox Design has grown and worked across a range of challenging and exciting full stack projects and apps.
Ultimately we want to grow together and have a lot fun working alongside one another:
- Competitive and attractive salary
- Private health care
- New Computer (Mac/PC) that fits your needs
- Comfortable working time: 9am - 6pm (flexible), Mon - Fri
- A conveniently located office in D2, HCMC.
- International, dynamic, friendly working environment
- Annual performance review: recognize your efforts and identify development/ improvement needs
- Clear KPI’s and expectations
- Free English class
- Internal activities: weekly games, English talk with gift vouchers, free snacks & drinks
Must have skills and experience:
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Clear communication skills for reporting needs and answering technical and service questions
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Reading and understanding English documents
Prefer if candidate has the following:
- ROR Backend experience
- Familiar with TDD/BDD
- Good English communication
- Experience working with foreign companies, in particular, Australia
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile team
- Is available to travel to Australia when required
Welcome to Spiderbox Design, we are small but rapidly growing team based in Seattle (USA), Melbourne (Australia) and Saigon. We provide a range of IT services and bespoke software and APP developments to international clients in the USA and Australia. As well as brand development and marketing strategy.
Working with Spiderbox Design
You will enjoy a fun and team focused environment. We are a growing company that believes our employees careers and personal growth are just as important as ours. We like to continue to nurture and develop the skills and career opportunities for our staff.